Iron fences are a type of fence that can give your home an elegant and stately look. They come in many styles, but the most popular is probably the picket style with or without posts.
In this blog post, we will discuss six different types of iron fence installation and their benefits and drawbacks for homeowners. If you're considering adding a new fence to your property, then these tips will help you make a decision!
Popular styles of iron fences
Different iron fence installations and designs can make your home stand out from the rest of the neighborhood. If you are looking to upgrade or replace an old fence, consider one that offers more curb appeal and adds value to your lot. Iron is a strong material, and it will last for years without rusting. Plus, walking through a beautiful garden with wrought iron gates can offer a serene experience.
There are many different types of iron fences that you should consider when updating your home exterior, including styles such as plain iron and wrought iron fences. Suppose you're interested in upgrading or replacing an old fence with increasing the curb appeal around your lot.
In that case, it's important to note that there are several options for adding value to your residence. Iron is a strong material, and it will last for years without rusting. Plus, walking through a beautiful garden with wrought iron gates can provide an enjoyable experience.
1) Plain Iron Fence - This design often uses simple lines as decoration and offers a sense of openness for your project. The open layout is perfect for those who enjoy sitting outside on their porch or patio; it allows the breeze to flow through.
2) Wrought Iron Fence - This type has an intricate pattern that creates a beautiful look with graceful curves and sweeping shapes. The detail of the design can give your Austin home more character and make it stand out among other homes on the street.
3) Ornamental Iron Fence - These designs combine both artistic elements with practicality by using decorative elements like filigree and scrolls. The ornamental design is often seen as a more traditional choice, making it a good option for those who want to add more curb appeal.
4) Chain-link fence - This type is the most economical choice because of the affordable materials, but it can be somewhat unattractive. Chain-link is a good option for those who want to increase the privacy or security of their lot. This fence type can be painted or stained for a more attractive look.
5) Textured metal panels - These types of commercial fence projects offer a modern style and can be made from aluminum or steel. The textured design provides a unique look that is perfect for those who want to stand out among the crowd with their fence choice.
6) Finials and flairs on top of the railing - These elements can give your fence a more elegant and well-manicured appearance. Iron with finials and flairs on top of the railing is perfect for those who want to achieve an upscale look without paying too much money for it.
7) Cottage style iron fence - This type of residential fence can add to your home's character and give it a more traditional appearance. The cottage style is perfect for those who want their garden to offer an inviting look that invites friends and family for gatherings in the backyard.
What are the advantages of iron fences?
Iron fences can add a stylish touch to your lot and provide you with added security. They are durable, long-lasting, and can be made in many different styles that fit any home's design. Here is an explanation of the other benefits these iron fences offer:
Privacy – Iron fences do not allow people on the outside to see directly into your backyard.
Security – Iron fences can be made with sturdy bars, making it harder for thieves and intruders to break through the fence or climb over them.
Home decoration - Iron fences are incredibly stylish, giving you more curb appeal than any other type of material used today.
Durable - Iron fences will last for decades and can be made in a variety of different styles. They do not need to be continually repainted like other fence materials, requiring very little maintenance.
Affordable – Iron fences are generally cheaper than wood, vinyl, or aluminum options available today, making them a reasonable choice for most homeowners.
Attractive – Iron fences are available in a wide variety of styles and designs, making them the perfect way to finish off your property's exterior. They will have neighbors talking about your home and wishing they could have an iron fence to call their own.
Safety – Iron fences that are well made will not cause injury when people or pets run into them, unlike other types, which can be sharp and dangerous in some cases. Using a stronger material like iron also means you do not need to worry about the fence's security because it is harder to break or climb over.
Maintenance – Iron fences require very little maintenance, making them an excellent option for busy homeowners who do not have time to spend on their property caring for the fence. After installation, you will only need to repaint your iron fencing every five years or so.
Variety – Iron is available in a wide range of styles to fit any home's design. They can be made with straight sides or ornate designs, making it easy to find an iron fence that perfectly suits your tastes and personality.
How to install a metal fence
An iron fence can be installed in several different ways. Each method is explained below, along with some pros and cons of each installation option, so you know which one will work best for your home's design and needs.
Do it yourself – This is an excellent option if you have experience working with tools and equipment. Still, it can be a difficult job for someone who has never installed fencing before or does not feel comfortable using power tools to cut metal bars or install posts on their ground. You should also consider that professional service installation could be more cost-effective in the long run if you end up making mistakes on your fence and having to replace pieces or redo some of the work that was done.
Professional fence companies – This is the most expensive option for installing an iron fence, but it can be a great choice if you do not feel comfortable working on your own with tools and equipment. A fence company will have experience installing commercial or residential fences. The service contractor should be able to offer advice about what kind of residential or commercial fencing would work best for you based on your style preferences and the location of your yard.
In the end, every homeowner needs to decide what type of fencing project will work best for them. What do you think? Have we convinced you that iron fences are worth considering when it comes to upgrading your property's curb appeal?
If you need help deciding which style is right for your home or business, contact Austin Iron Fences today! We have an experienced team ready and answer any questions about our selection of quality metal fence styles in Austin, TX. Call us today we can offer a free quote on installation services too!